What does The Grand Ballroom provide for your ceremony?
When reserving your special day, The Grand Ballroom offers lovely settings for indoor and outdoor events, including The Grand Ballroom itself, our garden Courtyard and our additional banquet hall, the Tejas Room.
- Bridal changing rooms
- Scheduled rehearsal with our catering office
- Coordination of your rehearsal and ceremony
- Bridal portrait photo session with your photographer scheduled with our catering office
- Indoor back up site for inclement weather for outdoor ceremonies
What does The Grand Ballroom provide for your reception?
- To make planning your special day easier, The Grand Ballroom provides food and beverage service, servers,
bartenders, tables, chairs, white linens, votive candles, china, silverware, glassware, crystal toasting flutes, cake
knife and server sets, dance floors, stage, staging, set-up and tear-down of your event.
How do I reserve space for my wedding ceremony or reception?
- In order to secure a space, The Grand Ballroom requires a signed contract, credit-card guarantee form and
When should we discuss our menu selections?
- Menus may be selected up to four months in advance of the event. We suggest finalizing your menu no later than 3
weeks prior to your event.
Does the hotel allow outside food and beverage?
- As regulated by the Texas Department of Health and the Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission, The Grand Ballroom
must supply all food and liquor. However, outside wedding cakes may be brought into the facility.
Can I use outside vendors?
- Your Catering Sales Manager is happy to share a list of recommended vendors
, such as wedding coordinators, florists,
entertainment providers (band/DJ), photographers, videographers, lighting and specialty linen companies.
Am I required to have a wedding coordinator?
- While we do not require that you have a coordinator, we do have a recommended list of great coordinators we have
worked with in the past
- We also provide day of coordination of your rehearsal, ceremony, and reception.
What kind of linens does the hotel provide?
- We provide ivory house linens, although specialty linens may be ordered through a rental company. If you choose
to bring outside linens the 72in rounds require a 132in linen, the 48in cake table requires a 108in linen, and the
6ft tables require 90in x 132in linens. Also, if you choose to rent sashes for the chairs, 9ftx8ft ribbons will make
for great chairities.
When should you notify The Grand Ballroom of your guaranteed guest count?
- You should communicate the guaranteed number of guests to one of our event coordinators by noon, three business
days prior to your event.
What do my guests do about parking?
- There is a parking garage beneath the hotel and valet service is also available. Prior to the event, you may
purchase parking garage vouchers for your guests.
What are the service charge and sales tax amounts?
- A service charge of 21% is applied to all food and beverage and is taxable. Sales tax is currently 8.25%.
Does The Grand Ballroom charge a cake cutting fee?
- Yes, the cake cutting service is 3 dollars per person.
Does the hotel offer special room rates for our guests?
- Your Sales Manager can provide discounted room rates for your out-of-town guests. To view our hotel rooms and
amenities please click here